Delivering care, nonstop.
What is ProHerz?
ProHerz is a reliable everyday companion for your heart patients. The smartphone app digitally records all vital signs and subsequently forwards them to the medical CareCenter of ProCarement. This is where highly qualified specialists monitor the health status of the app users and are also available as competent contact persons. ProHerz thus offers a targeted supplement to your medical treatment of heart failure.
In addition, your patients regularly receive background information and advice on how to deal with the disease - all based on the latest medical guidelines. In addition, the app also supports heart failure patients with many other features. These include:
- interactive medication plan
- document safe for storing all relevant health records
Hence, ProHerz is an app with clear added value for all parties involved. Strengthen your team with an external, supporting heart center from which both you and your patients benefit. Using ProHerz translates into specific benefits:
Certified medical device in risk class 1 according to MDD
Proof of efficacy by randomized controlled clinical studies (CARNA)
Developed in accordance with the National Health Care Guideline "Heart Failure"
Benefits of ProHerz for heart failure therapy
The digital health app supports and facilitates the treatment of heart failure for both physicians and patients.
What are the benefits of the app for you as a physician?
- ProHerz will not replace your heart failure therapy as attending physician, but will complement and simplify it.
- The app is designed to assist you with the implementation of your therapy and to maintain close contact with your patients. Therapy compliance is positively affected and the effectiveness of measures is increased enormously.
- The goal is to improve the users' health status, quality of life, and medical knowledge.
How can ProHerz help your patients?
- The app enables users to manage their own heart failure by increasing their competence in health care by providing them with disease-specific knowledge.
- Users receive all important information for daily tasks presented in an easy-to-use format on their smartphone.
- Accompanied by ProHerz, you, as a healthcare professional, are able to simplify the necessary steps for the implementation of optimum heart failure therapy in collaboration with your patients.
ProHerz reveals new possibilities for the treatment of heart failure as well as for the doctor-patient relationship. Thus, the path to an optimized and reliably accompanied therapy is clear.
Reduce the time needed to care for your patients by involving the CareCenter.
Seamless flow of health status data
Reliably monitor the history of vital parameters, the currently taken medication and the results of the validated questionnaires.
Quarterly medical report
Simplify your daily work thanks to the descriptive summary of the automatically generated medical report.
Customized therapy goals
Adjust the standard limit values of the desease management guideline as well as the medication of your patients.
Contact your patients with ease.
Increased treatment compliance
Increase your patients' compliance by means of daily reminders for measurements and medications.
ProHerz: This is how the project partners interact
ProHerz provides you with therapy-related digital support in treating heart failure patients. The innovative combination of being an app for your cardiac patients and a web portal for you as a physician ensures a seamless flow of information. The CareCenter complements this in an optimum way.
You would like to learn more about the different areas? Just read on or click the respective circle to get more information.
Features of the ProHerz patient app
The digital health application ProHerz combines a wide range of different features to help users cope with heart failure on a daily basis: For, only competent patients can confidently manage their treatment.
- Easy-to-handle data storage and easy-to-understand display of vital parameters
- Reminder for measuring vital signs and weight, taking medications and adhering to the treatment plan.
- Possibility of entering diagnoses and medication schedules
- Medical and disease-specific information
- Pop-up notifications to acquire knowledge related to pathology, diagnosis and therapy on a daily basis
- Guideline-compliant behavior when measured values are conspicuous
- Adjustment of vital parameters and scores by the attending physicians
- Notification in case of deviating vital signs
- Generation of a report-style medical report or emergency passport
- Improvement of health-related knowledge thanks to individual messages from the CareCenter
The role of ProPortal and CareCenter in heart failure therapy
Both ProPortal and CareCenter, which are linked to the ProHerz app, perform important tasks to ensure a successful functioning of the digital health application concept. ProPortal primarily serves you as a physician, because it offers seamless availability of your patients' health data. At the CareCenter, you'll find medical professionals who are fully committed to answering questions as they arise. It is a helpful doctor-patient interface.
ProPortal: Your access to the data of your patients
ProPortal is a protected digital area. On this portal, you can view all your patients' data and values. All relevant information and all values from the ProHerz app are stored here and can be accessed by you at any time (of course only with the user's consent). This includes the history of vital parameters, the diagnosis list, the medication plan, and the documentation of the CareCenter.
This means that you are always up to date and know the latest state of health of your patients. Thus, ProPortal is an extremely helpful complement to your consultation hours and examination times.
Registration in the web portal
Your way to ProPortal
Do you already have a login/access code? You can log in here:
CareCenter as a point of contact
The CareCenter serves, above all, as primary contact for your patients and their relatives.
- The measured values are monitored on a daily basis and the employees contact those affected in the event of anomalies.
- Patients receive individual, customized support regarding all their questions from medical professionals.
- All data is safe and secure (GDPR compliant).
- The competent team also provides technical support.
- The measured values are even monitored at weekends and on public holidays.
You as a physician may also contact the professionals in order to clarify your questions.
Under what circumstances is ProHerz suitable as a complement to heart failure treatment?
The Digital Health Application ProHerz offers many advantages for treating patients with heart failure. Learn more about indications and contraindications here:
- With a diagnosis of heart failure (ICD-10 I50).
- Who are over the age of 18.
- With an internet-capable mobile device and the corresponding skills (independent use).
- Who can speak and read German.
- Are under the age of 18.
- Have a cardiac support implant (LVAD, RVAD, BiVAD).
- Have an end stage renal disease (N18.5).
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Have limited informal self-determination.
Scientific studies: The DiGA app ProHerz in practice testing
The goal of ProCarement is to improve medical care in accordance with the needs of patients. Find out more about the initial results of the preliminary study and the concept for the main study starting in February 2022.
From May to September 2021, the preliminary study on the use of ProHerz for the treatment of heart failure took place at the Cardiovascular Center of the Klinikum Nuremberg. 71 patients aged between 33 and 80 years participated. Most of them had NYHA II and III.
The results of the study present the first clear evidence of positive effects arising from the use of ProHerz in heart failure therapy:
- AHFKT Disease and therapy comprehension noticeably increased (p=0.00)
- EHFScBS Self-management and self-care significantly improved (p=0.01)
- SDMQ9 patient sovereignty no improvement (p=0.97)
- KCCQ disease-specific quality of life increased (p=0.22)
Overall, no significant improvements in the walking test and general quality of life were yet detectable. Due to the time limitation, no long-term effective improvements could be detected yet, thus the implementation of the main study will start in February.
The main study will be conducted in three medical centers in Bavaria. The project will start in February 2022 and is expected to last until November 2022. 450 participants will take part in the study, including a control group of 225 test persons. dmac (Digital Medical Applications Center) and ZEW (Leibniz Center for European Economic Research) will evaluate the study. The scientists expect evidence of significantly improved care effectiveness through the use of ProHerz.
Efficient Health Management with Focus on the Patient: The Concept of our Telemedical Center
Telemonitoring opens up new options for you as a physician in the care of heart failure patients. The "Guideline on methods of contractual medical care, Annex I, Number 37", introduced in 2021, now makes it possible for the primary treating physician (PBA) to collaborate with a medical telemedicine center (TMZ).
ProCarement has developed a digital care solution for patients with heart failure to support them in dealing with their illness. This care solution basically comprises
- the ProHerz app (approved medical device class 1, MDD/Medical Device Directive) for patients to record their vital signs
- the ProCarement CareCenter which offers individual personal contact persons who provide patient care, and
- a protected web portal (ProPortal) for medical care providers
ProCarement offers you a tailor-made solution for establishing telemedical centers (TMZ).
Efficient Health Management by Temonitoring
Telemonitoring allows patients to be efficiently cared for, regardless of their location, using state-of-the-art digital data-based management. Continuous monitoring of the vital signs at the CareCenter enables the support of chronic heart failure patients. The telemedical center does not replace the therapy of the treating physicians, but rather complements it. The subsequent cooperation between the primary care physician and the telemedical center is clearly defined.
For more information regarding possible forms of collaboration as a primary care physician respectively with a telemedical center please contact
We will be pleased to advise you personally.
FAQs: Frequently asked questions about the app
You should briefly inform the patient about the objectives and benefits of ProHerz before prescribing it. The main focus here is on the importance of regular, daily measurements. Experience has shown that patients quickly become accustomed to the precise operation of the app.
Personal data is of course protected in accordance with the German Data Protection Act (GDPR) and is subject to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and other data protection regulations. The processing of data exclusively takes place on German servers. Patients maintain full control over their information. A 2-factor authentication ensures secure logins to the web portal.